Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Two Year Return

How long has it been? Two years since I last posted and with a new look. Alot has changed and happily enough a few remained the same, a slim few. So far I have made great strides in the world of hobbies such as finally finishing up my armies.

I have decided to return to Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 and Battlefront's Flames of War, but that's on the back burner. I have picked up Privateer Press'  Warmachine and Hordes as well as Fantasy Flight's Dust and their Games Workshop IP's for roleplaying games.

As for Warhammer 40,000 specifically I have finally choosen an army to replace my sold Space Wolves, Imperial Guard Air Cavalry, and Tyranids. With the advent of 6th edition arriving last year, I looked into Imperial Armour 9 and 10 for inspiration. There I have settled on the Raven Guard Successor Chapter, the Raptors. I absolutely fell head over heels in love with this Codex: Space Marine chapter.


It was love at first sight, especially since I have been a long range marksman in most first person shooters all my life playing video games. I wanted to build an Army of marksman and the like. I have read the fluff pertaining to the Raptors and to reiterate, it was love at first sight.I have begun to create a Scout Themed Army and have limited myself to that theme. Suffice to say, I am able to field a full Space Marine Company of Scouts led by the Raptor Chapter Master, Lias "the Grim" Issodon.

One Hundred Scouts is quite the endeavor and fielding such a force is feasible with a dual force organization chart in a 3000 point game, but the creation of the Company is primary. The series of weekly blogs that I am going to post will be my works of progress with this project and hopefully I'll show something presentable in the end.

Some of the Finished Scouts.... Eighty-five out One Hundred and Fifteen of more Models to go....ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment